52 CE Credits
Spring 2020 Training Dates
March 6-8 and March 27-29
Join us at the Lake!
The Boathouse at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort
1025 La Bonita Dr. San Marcos, CA 92078
Refer a Buddy to take Basic Training for the First Time and Both Save!
$75 off by 12/31/19 - code BUDDY75
$50 off by 2/5/20 - code BUDDY50
Both buddies must enter the other's name on checkout page at time of purchase to receive discounted enrollment.
Why train with the EMDR Readiness Academy?
- We are a boutique training agency dedicated to excellence in preparing clinicians to provide safe and effective EMDR therapy.
- In order to provide personalized support in integrating EMDR therapy into clinical practice, we strictly limit Basic Training Consultation to groups of 4 (versus the standard of 10 per group permitted by EMDRIA).
- Each member of our team of facilitators/consultants has advanced skills in applying EMDR therapy to developmental/attachment trauma and dissociation, which is essential for navigating the real-world complexity of using EMDR therapy with clients.
- Our team is comprised of specialists with expertise in treating specific populations with EMDR therapy, allowing you the opportunity to choose a consultant experienced in a treatment area of interest to you.
- Come in your comfy clothes! We have chosen a warm, restorative setting that is ideal for learning and practicing EMDR therapy skills for the first time – or as a refresher course.
Already trained in EMDR therapy?
Enroll as a Refresher Course and get huge discounts on The Readiness Course for EMDR Clinicians
$200 off by 12/31/19
$100 off by 2/5/20
Code will be emailed after Basic Training purchase and will be valid for one week after purchase deadline.
Why become an EMDR therapist?
- Trauma-informed treatment is increasingly recognized as essential for addressing the underlying vulnerability caused by Adverse Childhood Events (ACE). Higher ACE scores have been associated with a markedly increased incidence of mental health disorders, addictions, and medical conditions.
- Advances in the EMDR therapy field have created an understanding of how “second generation” EMDR therapy can be used to treat the effects of insecure attachment, unmet developmental needs, and the “small t” traumas of adverse life events that can underlie and drive anxiety, depression, and other emotional, behavioral, and relationship difficulties.
- EMDR therapy was initially developed to treat trauma in the late 1980’s and has been been researched extensively in the decades since. Over 24 randomized controlled trials – the gold standard of study in the field – have provided empirical validation of its efficacy.
- EMDR therapy has been assigned to Category A as “strongly recommended” for the treatment of trauma by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (2004, 2010). EMDR Therapy has been included in SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (2011) for the reductions of trauma-related stress, anxiety, and depression. Most recently in 2013, the WHO (World Health Organization) has formally approved the recommendation of EMDR Therapy for adults and children with PTSD.
- Completing a Basic Training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) provides the foundation for learning to safely and effectively use EMDR therapy in clinical practice. EMDRIA-Approved Basic Trainings undergo rigorous review to ensure quality standards and are required to provide a minimum of 20 hours of instruction, 20 hours of supervised practicum, and 10 hours of consultation.